Roles and Responsibilities of the Police under the Juvenile Justice Act and Rules
- Police Officers dealing with juveniles to be specially instructed and trained.
- Juvenile or Child Welfare Officer to handle juveniles or the children in co-ordination with NGO or voluntary organization.
- Special Juvenile Police Units of the Districts to upgrade the police treatment to the juveniles/children.
- To provide legal protection to juveniles/children against all kinds of cruelty, abuse and exploitation.
- To take serious cognizance of adult perpetrators of crimes against children and to see it that they are apprehended without delay and booked under the appropriate provisions of the law.