Helpline Nos: For Immediate Help : 100, Child Helpline : 1091, Announcements: Latest Standing Order No. 68 | For Women issues visit | for official website of Delhi Police visit l You all are requested to join discussion forum on facebook and twitter account.
Home When your child goes missing?
When your child goes missing? PDF Print

If your child is missing from home, search the house especially the closets/ almirahs, trunks and suitcases, in the beds especially the beds with boxes and under beds, inside large appliances like fridge, washing machines, and inside vehicles, and all other places where a child can crawl and hide.

If you still cannot find your child, report the matter to the police. Dial 100 or visit the nearest police station with all the details like appearance, age, cloths the child is wearing along with the most recent photograph of the child. Write a detailed description of the clothing worn by your child and the personal items he or she

had at the time of the disappearance. Include in your description any personal identification marks,

such as birthmarks, scars, tattoos, or mannerisms, that may help in finding your child. If possible,

  • find a picture of your child that shows these identification marks and give it to law enforcement.
  • Limit access to your home until police  arrives and has collected possible evidence. Do not touch or remove anything from your child’s room or from your home. Remember that clothing, sheets, personal items, computers, and even trash may hold clues to the whereabouts of your child.
  • If your child disappears in a market, notify the police immediately and alert the parking attendants and security officers.
  • When you call police officers, provide your child's name, date of birth, height, weight, and any other unique identifiers such as eyeglasses and braces as well as birth marks. Tell them when you noticed that your child was missing and what clothing he or she was wearing. Also provide a list of friends and sites most frequented by your child.
  • Report all extortion attempts to law enforcement.
  • You may also contact Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA), who will assist you in following up your case.


Copyright © 2014 Special Police Unit for Women & Children | All Rights Reserved.
Visitor Counter
Search for Found Children Search for Lost Children Search for Found Children